Announcing Regrant Project Funding for 2022-2023
The National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) awarded to the SC SHRAB $80,000 to regrant to South Carolina’s
- Local Governments
- Historical records repositories
- Professional Organizations
Projects to improve an organization’s stewardship of South Carolina historical records and projects that provide useful education and training to those managing such records, from beginning/volunteer to advanced level.
The SC SHRAB has four basic regrant project funding priorities:
- Preserving and enhancing online availability of South Carolina’s historical records
- Increasing the public’s engagement with South Carolina’s historical records
- Promoting best practices and institutional advancement of South Carolina’s repositories
- Providing learning and development opportunities for the state’s professional archivists, volunteers, students and the public.
- Projects for traditionally underserved institutions in South Carolina, such as the state’s seven Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), and other primarily African American repositories in South Carolina, as well as smaller institutions in the more rural areas.
- Projects with a focus on digital accessibility and preservation.
- Access-Arrangement and Description: Identifying, organizing, and improving access to historical records.
- Preservation: Implementing solutions to the challenges of preserving records with permanent historical value
- Program Enhancement: Activities to expand and/or strengthen programs in the state's historical records repositories and local governments
- Archival Education and Training: Workshops, seminars, and other means of instruction and information on archives practices and policies
- Information Sessions (attendance at one is required):
- March 16, 2022 at 10:00am
- April 5, 2022 at 2:00pm
- April 28, 2022 at 10:00am
- Letter of Intent due (required): April 15, 2022
- Draft Proposal due (optional): April 20, 2022
- Final Applications due: May 31, 2022
Information Session Slides are available at the following link: Information Session PowerPoint
Detailed Regrant Guidelines and Application with Instructions are available at the following links:
Application/Instructions (fillable pdf)
Contact Erin Lowry, SHRAB Coordinator, at email@example.com or 803-896-6128 with questions or to register for a Virtual Information Session.